2014 - September 11th - KS Minutes

Ardnamurchan Kirk Session met in the church on 11th September 2014 at 4.15pm and recommenced the meeting which was adjourned on 24th August 2014. The meeting was constituted with prayer and scripture by Rev Fiona Ogg.

In attendance: - Rev Fiona Ogg, Bridget Cameron (Session Clerk), Jim Angus, Val Phillipps, Joan Kelly(Treasurer) and Moira Fisher. Apologies: - Eilidh Canning, Alan Macpherson, Will Kelly and Hugh Cameron.

Hymn books – Almost all of the hymn books have been dedicated

Fundraising – Fundraising over the summer has been very successful. Val was thanked for organising the information and fundraising stalls at Kilchoan Show and Sports and the Regatta. Thanks also go to May McNicol who had a cake stall at the Regatta. The Regatta cakes and raffle raised £292.00.

The tea and scones in the church on Wednesdays raised £1709.00. This was very popular with locals and visitors alike and brought many people into the church on Wednesday afternoons. Many thanks go to all involved.

The Acharacle Craft and Produce Fair raised £328.00. The help given by Acharacle elders was much appreciated. Thanks to May, Bridget, Joan and Alan for their hard work.

The ceilidh in the community centre raised £803.00. Thanks go to the artistes and helpers who gave so freely of their time.

Thanks also to Sheila and Richard Houston for raising £230.00 at their Garden Open Day.

The car boot sale in August was also very successful with some participants donating their takings to the restoration fund.

Property– Roger Dodd of the General Trustees visited the church on 13th August2014. He inspected the building and sent a report. Work on the church is on hold until the Property Committee and Roger Dodd have a meeting.

Church toilet handrail- ongoing

Sanna Mission Hall was secured for the winter free of charge by Steven White who used tin sourced by Hugh Cameron.

Alasdair MacColl and Richard O'Connor have carried out some of the work on the former manse/meeting rooms. The guttering has been fixed and the fascia partly repaired. The down pipes are still to be fixed. The windows at the back need to be replaced. J. Angus is to look to see what needs to be done. As some internal refurbishment also needs to be done there was some discussion about the future of the building.

Sunday school – The Sunday school presentation and barbecue took place at the Sanna Mission Hall. The Sunday school sponsored walk raised £380.00 for Christian Aid.

Peninsula Churches-The barbecue at Salen Wood School took place despite the weather.

Finance - The treasurer reported that there were no outstanding bills. The electricity and insurance bills have been paid. There is £12,927.00 in the General Account and £39,258.00 in the Restoration Fabric Fund. Total fundraising so far is £6,500.00. Donations from visiting ministers came to £1,977.00. Gift Aid from January to June was £800.00. The treasurer said that standing orders for offerings can be set up by individuals.

Worship- Harvest Family Service will be in the church on 21st September. UNICEF jars of grace will be collected. Dried and canned food will be collected for the food bank. Tea, sandwiches and cakes will be served after the service.

The Communion Service will be in November. It is proposed to have Messy Church on 26th September. Bridget is to talk to the children about this at Sunday school.

AOB

Financial assistance can be provided for those attending the Elders' Conference.

Easy Fundraising has approximately £17.00

Acharacle Church invites us to the celebration of the end of their restoration project on Saturday.

The flag at Acharacle may be borrowed by us.

Remembrance Sunday - May McNicol to be asked to get wreath.

Fiona has purchased a ceramic poppy for both churches.

The church will be open for tea and scones on Wednesday 1st October.

A letter has been received regarding the Stewardship Campaign.

A joint meeting of Ardnamurchan and Acharacle Kirk Sessions is to be arranged to discuss the overture.

DONM The next meeting will take place on 13th November 2014.

2014 - Aug 24th - KS Minutes

Minutes of the Ardnamurchan Parish Church Kirk Session and Property Committee joint meeting on Aug 24th 2014, held at Ardnamurchan Parish Church.

Meeting was constituted with prayer.

Attending were Bridget Cameron (Session Clerk), Eilidh Canning, Val Phillipps (check spelling!), Joan Kelly, Hugh Cameron, Jim Angus, William Kelly and Rev Fiona Ogg.

Apologies from Moira Fisher and Alan Macpherson

The meeting was called

1. Payment to RT – there was some discussion as to when payment had been agreed. In the KS minutes of 13th Feb 14 it was agreed (point 5) that, on advice from the architect, Andrew Bradley was to be asked to conduct a feasibility study for an estimate for work needed to repair the south wall. Although not explicitly stated, the architect would be the project manager for this, as had been the case in the work on the west wall.

On the 20th Feb FO emailed the joint committee with the costing of the charges for RT. One member of the joint committees voiced concern about the cost. There being no further comments, on the 25th Feb FO suggested RT's invoice be paid when it arrived and that any further concerns could be brought up at the next KS meeting. (The March meeting was joint with Acharacle.) At the meeting in April the subject was not raised.

At today's meeting it was agreed that the invoice be paid. JK to do this.

2. South Wall. In the minutes of 2nd April 14, under property, it was noted that Andrew Bradley had been instructed, by the architect on behalf of the KS, to give a detailed estimate for work on the south wall. The tower itself was to be repaired at a later date.

According to the inspection and estimate from AB on 9th Feb 2014 this would give a clearer idea of the full extent of work required on the tower and south wall. It would be this inspection that led to the later reports of the 6th of May and 1st of August, of which all members of the committees have copies. (The report of 6th of May was only received on July 21st and sent to all on 24th July. The report of 1st Aug was received on 5th and sent to all on 7th August.)

This work was to include the roof leak on the north wall, see below.


The meeting today was called to decide whether or not to accept the estimate and proposed works of 1st August. The decision was provisional on approval at meeting of the Presbytery Property Committee, Presbytery and the General Trustees. It would not be until all these committees were happy that the Architect would be instructed formally to accept the proposed work by Andrew Bradley.

On July 25th Roger Dodd of the General Trustees phoned FO to inform of a visit to the church on 13th August. RD hoped that FO and or office bearers would be able to attend. At this visit of 13th Aug, RD closely inspected the building; FO, HC and Alan Macpherson were there.


RD looked at the work on the west wall and would like more information about the materials used by AB. He would like there to be alternative reports and estimates for the south wall. RD suggested that the general Trustees would like to be more involved and promised a report; this was received on 18th Aug and sent to both committees on 23rd Aug.

Decisions

After discussion, during which questions were raised about the advice the KS has received from the architect and about the work already done and following on from Roger Dodd's report, it was felt that the best way forward is to

pay the invoice from Rosalind Taylor – JK to do this

not go ahead with Andrew Bradley's proposed work – FO will advise RT

contact Roger Dodd and request a further visit at a mutually agreed date at the convenience of all – FO to set up and WK to follow up

to ask that the General Trustees are more involved so that there could be clear guidance as to the feasibility of the future of the Church building – FO to contact GT

liaise with Roger Dodd and local contractor, A Tough, to provide equipment for access to the bell tower on the date requested above – WK to do this

Contact Historic Scotland for their input; the building is B listed by HS so they should be involved – FO to contact

Leak on north wall – on 1st April it was agreed at the KS meeting to ask Andrew Bradley to investigate the leak – On April 8th RT did this and FO advised the KS and property cttee of this.

Date of Next Meeting

This will be on Sept 11th as previously noted. As today's meeting was not formally closed with the Grace the next meeting will be a continuation of this one that was adjourned today.

2014 - June 12th - KS Minutes

Ardnamurchan Parish Church

Minutes of Kirk Session meeting 12th June 2014

Ardnamurchan Kirk Session met in the church on 12th June 2014. The meeting was constituted with prayer and scripture by Rev. Fiona Ogg.

In attendance: Rev Fiona Ogg, Bridget Cameron (Session Clerk), Val Phillipps, Eilidh Canning, Alan Macpherson (Fabric Committee), Joan Kelly (Treasurer) and Moira Fisher.

Minutes of the last KS meeting 15th May 2014 were approved.

Intimations: Fiona to send round tick list for date of KS meal.

Matters Arising:

Hymn Books: Eilidh Canning has organized labels for the hymn books. Some bookds are still available for dedication.

Fundraising: Easyfundraising.org has raised about £6.60.

The ceilidh at Sonachan organized by May McNicol raised over £770. Bridget will write to thank Mary and also Helen Ferguson.

Annals of the Parish are on sale now, costing £4.00. Thanks to Jon Haylett and his team.

Sunday School: Sunday School organized a sponsored walk for Christian Aid. Money is still coming in.

Kilchoan Show and Sports: Photos from General Assembly and from Restoration project to go on stall at show.

Wednesday Open Church: Wednesday teas and scones to go on church website.

Finance:

Money donated by Marine Harvest has been used to publish Annals of the Parish.

£100 has been received from Sheila and Richard Houston's open garden day.

Tod and Taylor and A Bradley have been paid.

£140 has been paid for new hymn books.

Bills for electricity and fire extinguishers are due t be paid.

Property:

CARTA – Fiona is to ask is someone will come and give us advice.

The west wall is still damp inside. Lack of ventilation may be a problem as the windows cannot be opened.

We are waiting for a visit from the General Trustees.

Windows at Sanna Mission Hall have been opened and closed regularly. Hugh Cameron is trying to source materials for repairs.

Moira Fisher to ask R Bolton if he is still willing to carry out repairs to former manse / meeting rooms.

Handrail in church toilet is rusty. Jim Angus is to be asked to check it/

General Trustees Property Seminar is on 19th June in Inverness.

Fundraising:

Val had booked tables for Kilchoan Show and Sports and Kilchoan Regatta. Val has paid for table at show. Regatta Committee waived the fee for table. Some materials for both tables have been sourced and organized. We need to check what else needed.

Ceilidh on 30th July is being organized. Artistes have been recruited. Musicians still to be confirmed. Margaret … and Bridget Cameron have organized a raffle.

Acharacle Produce Fair is on 10th July. Bridget, Moira and Fiona to help.

The Car Boot Sale proposed for 6th August is still to be organized. Suggested amount per car is £15.00.

Listed Places of Worship Scheme – Fiona is to investigate further.

National Churches Trust – an estimate from A Bradley expected soon.

Heritage Lottery Fund – this might also be worth investigating.

Rosalind Taylor thought we could apply for grants now that we have started fundraising.

Sunday School presentations will take place on 29th June at Sanna Mission Hall. There will be a barbecue after the service.

Worship:

Dates: 22nd June – Peninsula Picnic at Kingairloch at 2.30pm

29th June – Sunday School presentation at Praise in Sanna followed by barbecue.

Songs of Praise in July at Sanna. Date to be decided. Eilidh suggested a sign be put up.

10th August – Joint service with Acharacle in Kilchoan. There will be lunch in church after the service.

Bible study in September – dates to be decided.

Back to Church Sunday – date to be decided.

AOB:

16th Aug – Peninsula Churches to get together at Salen Wood School.

Bridget and Val to attend John Fraser memorial service in Canna next Wednesday.

DONM

July & August – none, Sept 11th, Oct 9th, Nov 13th and Dec 11th

Annual Reports

Receipts and Payments 2014

Sunday school accounts 2014

Trustees annual report 2014

2014 - May 15th

Ardnamurchan Parish Church

Minutes of Kirk Session meeting 15th May 2014

Ardnamurchan Kirk Session met in the church on 15th May 2014. The meeting was constituted with prayer and scripture by Rev Fiona Ogg.

In attendance: - Rev Fiona Ogg, Bridget Cameron, Val Phillipps, Moira Fisher and Alan Macpherson (Fabric Committee). Apologies: - J. Angus, E. Canning and J. Kelly.

Minutes: - Minutes of 4th March and 2nd April were approved.

Hymn books: - Eilidh Canning to organise labels for the sponsored hymn books.

Fundraising: - Easyfundraising.org.uk has been set up.

The ceilidh at Sonachan will take place on 17th May at 8pm.

Jon Haylett has received a copy of the Annals of the Parish and is happy with it. The printers require a cheque before going to print. Session agreed that the treasurer, J. Kelly, send a cheque for the sum of £693.20.

The Community Centre hall has been booked for a ceilidh to be held on Wednesday 30th July.

A fundraising lunch is to be provided at Acharacle Produce Market on Thursday 10th July from 11am to 3pm. Soup, sandwiches and home baking to be provided.

Sunday School: - The Sunday school coffee morning raised £510.00 to be shared between the school they support and the church restoration fund.

The Sunday school has organised a sponsored walk for Christian Aid on Sunday 18th May.

National Churches Scheme: - An estimate is required before an application can be made. Fiona to contact A. Bradley.

Property: - Awaiting arrival of materials for Sanna Mission Hall. Volunteers will be needed to help with the work.

R. Bolton to be reminded about quote for repairs to former manse/meeting rooms.

Worship: - It was agreed to discuss a follow up to the Lent reflections at the next Session meeting. It was suggested that there could be a link to back to church Sunday in the autumn.

Breakfast in church on 6th April was very successful. Another breakfast is proposed for 10th August at the joint service with Acharacle.

General Assembly: - Fiona has organised a photo montage for the Presbytery stall.

Information stalls: - It was proposed that stalls be booked for Kilchoan Show and the Regatta. There is to be a photo display and update on the restoration project. There will also be information on the restoration appeal. Annals of the Parish will be on sale. Alan and Moira to organise activities for the children and Val to book stalls for both days.

AOB

The General Trustees Property Seminar will take place on 19th June in Inverness.

Fundraising: - Alan suggested that tea, coffee and scones be on sale in the church on Wednesday afternoons from 2-4pm. The Session agreed.

DONM

The next meeting will take place on Thursday 12th June.

2014 - May 15th

Ardnamurchan Kirk Session met in the church on 15th May 2014. The meeting was constituted with prayer and scripture by Rev Fiona Ogg.

In attendance: - Rev Fiona Ogg, Bridget Cameron, Val Phillipps, Moira Fisher and Alan Macpherson (Fabric Committee). Apologies: - J. Angus, E. Canning and J. Kelly.

Minutes: - Minutes of 4th March and 2nd April were approved.

Hymn books: - Eilidh Canning to organise labels for the sponsored hymn books.

Fundraising: - Easyfundraising.org.uk has been set up.

The ceilidh at Sonachan will take place on 17th May at 8pm.

Jon Haylett has received a copy of the Annals of the Parish and is happy with it. The printers require a cheque before going to print. Session agreed that the treasurer, J. Kelly, send a cheque for the sum of £693.20.

The Community Centre hall has been booked for a ceilidh to be held on Wednesday 30th July.

A fundraising lunch is to be provided at Acharacle Produce Market on Thursday 10th July from 11am to 3pm. Soup, sandwiches and home baking to be provided.

Sunday School: -The Sunday school coffee morning raised £510.00 to be shared between the school they support and the church restoration fund.

The Sunday school has organised a sponsored walk for Christian Aid on Sunday 18th May.

National Churches Scheme: - An estimate is required before an application can be made. Fiona to contact A. Bradley.

Property: - Awaiting arrival of materials for Sanna Mission Hall. Volunteers will be needed to help with the work.

R. Bolton to be reminded about quote for repairs to former manse/meeting rooms.

Worship: - It was agreed to discuss a follow up to the Lent reflections at the next Session meeting. It was suggested that there could be a link to back to church Sunday in the autumn.

Breakfast in church on 6th April was very successful. Another breakfast is proposed for 10th August at the joint service with Acharacle.

General Assembly: - Fiona has organised a photo montage for the Presbytery stall.

Information stalls: - It was proposed that stalls be booked for Kilchoan Show and the Regatta. There is to be a photo display and update on the restoration project. There will also be information on the restoration appeal. Annals of the Parish will be on sale. Alan and Moira to organise activities for the children and Val to book stalls for both days.

AOB

The General Trustees Property Seminar will take place on 19th June in Inverness.

Fundraising: - Alan suggested that tea, coffee and scones be on sale in the church on Wednesday afternoons from 2-4pm. The Session agreed.

DONM

The next meeting will take place on Thursday 12th June.

2014 - April 2nd - Kirk Session Meeting

Minutes of Kirk Session meeting 2nd April 2014

Ardnamurchan Kirk Session met in Kilchoan Community Centre on 2nd April 2014. The meeting was constituted with prayer and scripture by Rev Fiona Ogg.

In attendance: - Rev Fiona Ogg, Bridget Cameron, Eilidh Canning, Val Phillipps, Moira Fisher, Joan Kelly (treasurer) and Alan Macpherson (Fabric Committee).
Apologies: J Angus, W Kelly, H Cameron.

Hymn books: - Thirty books have been ordered. The books may be sponsored for the sum of £10.00. Information about this is to be put in the intimations, on the church website and on the Kilchoan blog.

Fundraising; - Andaparishes has been registered with www.easyfundraising.org.uk.

National Churches Scheme was thought to be worth investigating. Val is to look into this.

Property; - Repairs to cladding on Sanna Mission Hall are to be done using voluntary labour. Funds held in trust by the Kirk Session are to be used to pay for materials. Any further repairs are to be done in consultation with other denominations that use, or have links with, the hall. It was suggested that other denominations be invited to any services held in the hall by the Church of Scotland.

Andrew Bradley is to give a detailed estimate for work on the south wall of the church as instructed by architect Rosalind Taylor. This work is to include the roof leak on the north wall. The tower is to be repaired at a later date. The west wall is drying out.

The Kirk Session is to ask R. Bolton for a quote for repairs to the former manse/meeting rooms.

Fundraising: - A fundraising ceilidh, organised by May McNicol, is to be held at Sonachan Hotel on 17th May.

The Annals of the Parish ready to go to the publishers. Marine Harvest has donated £500.00 towards the cost. Jon Haylett has formatted all the printing which will save a lot of money.

A car boot sale is proposed for 6th August. It was also suggested that the sponsored walk should take place in the autumn. It is hoped that the date for the proposed July ceilidh can be changed to 30th July.

Sunday School: - A Coffee Morning is to be held in Kilchoan Community Centre on 14th April.

Worship: - The Kirk Session is to discuss a follow up to the Lent Reflections.

There will be breakfast in the church before the service on 6th April. There will be a service on Good Friday at 11am. On Easter Sunday 20th April there will be a formal Communion Service at 2pm.

The Presbytery stall at the General Assembly on Saturday 17th May is to be coordinated by Ken Gill. Fiona is to organise a photo montage for the stall.

There is to be an information table on the work of the church at Kilchoan Show. Penny Gospels and Annals of the Parish will be on sale. Materials from the General Assembly stall will be included.

Elders’ Conference: - The Kirk Session has agreed to contribute towards expenses for those attending.

Youth Group: - Eilidh has sought the views of the pupils at the High School and it was agreed to review this at a later date.

Back to church Sunday is on 28th September. Noted.

The next Kirk Session meeting will be in the church on 15th May at 3.45pm.

The meeting closed with the Grace.

2014 - March 4th - Joint Kirk Session With Acharacle

Minutes of Kirk Session Meeting 4th March 2014

The meeting closed with the Grace.

Stated Annual Meeting Minutes - 2013

The Stated Annual Meeting of the congregation took place on Sunday 2nd March - at this meeting the minutes of the 2013 meeting are now published below.

Ardnamurchan Parish Church

Minutes of Stated Annual Meeting 17th March 2013

2014 - Jan 9th - Kirk Session Minutes

Ardnamurchan Parish Church

Minutes of Kirk Session Meeting 9th January 2014

The meeting was held in Kilchoan Primary School and was constituted with prayer and scripture.