Annual Accounts

Click here to view the accounts

2016 - Dec 7th

Ardnamurchan Parish Church

Minutes of Kirk Session meeting 7th December 2016

Ardnamurchan Kirk Session met in the church on 7th December 2016. The meeting was constituted with prayer and scripture by Rev Fiona Ogg.

In attendance: - Rev Fiona Ogg, Bridget Cameron (Session Clerk), Val Phillipps, Moira Fisher, Richard Houston (Property Convenor), Hugh Cameron.

Apologies: - Jim Angus, Eilidh Canning, Joan Kelly (Treasurer).

Minutes: - The minutes of the last Kirk Session meeting of 2nd November were approved.

MATTERS ARISING

For local records only, Richard Houston is to complete the schedule for the manse/meeting rooms.

Two new meters have been fitted in the former manse/meeting rooms.

The electrical report on the church building is still to be done.

The breakfast before the service on 11th December is to be organised by Bridget Cameron.

A joint Carol Service is to be held in Ardnamurchan Parish Church on 14th December at 6pm. There are to be readings by representatives of both Acharacle and Ardnamurchan churches along with songs and readings by children of Kilchoan Primary School. Teas and coffees will be served after the service.

Property - A new table is needed for the church kitchen.

Worship

Presbytery – Presbytery Elder’s Report

Finance – Treasurer’s Report

The treasurer provided a report of the accounts at 28th November 2016 as follows:

A bill for our share of Acharacle Manse expenses is to be paid before the year end from the General Account.

Funds from Advent Teas/Coffees to be added to the Restoration/Fabric Account.

Gift Aid to be claimed for the period 1st September to 31st December 2016.

Dates

AOB

DONM Wednesday 8th February at 4pm

The meeting closed with the Grace.

2016 Sept 12th

Ardnamurchan Parish Church

Minutes of Kirk Session meeting 12th September 2016

Ardnamurchan Kirk Session met in the church on 12th September 2016. The meeting was constituted with prayer and scripture by Rev Fiona Ogg.

In attendance: - Rev Fiona Ogg, Bridget Cameron ( Session Clerk), Val Phillipps, Moira Fisher, Joan Kelly (Treasurer), Richard Houston (Property Convenor), Hugh Cameron.

Apologies: - Eilidh Canning, Jim Angus.

Minutes: - The minutes of the last Kirk Session meeting of 20th June 2016 were approved.

MATTERS ARISING

Property ­

Building Report –

Feasibility Study – The costings in the Feasibility Study were lower than expected. However, they are likely to increase. The work is envisaged as being done in steps and not as one large project. There was concern that Presbytery might not support the restoration given that the building has a ‘D’ listing in the Presbytery Plan (meaning the future of the building is uncertain). It was agreed that Presbytery be approached to meet with the Kirk Session. Other alternatives were discussed such as continuing ongoing maintenance of the building but it is difficult to move forward until the Session is aware of Presbytery’s current position.

Community Development Company – It was agreed that the CDC be approached regarding shared use of the building.

Worship

The Harvest service was well attended and 15 people stayed for lunch.

Visiting Preachers

Jean Whitton is to be asked to cover for 20th November.

Clavinova - There was an offer of a clavinova to the congregation. As there is currently no organist/ pianist, it was suggested that the clavinova be offered to the Community Centre.

Alan Macpherson will play on 26th October.

Presbytery

Finance­­­

Treasurer’s Report – The Treasurer reported that insurance has been paid. There is £11,897 in the General Fund, £55,548.81 in the Restoration Fund and £651.02 in the Sunday School Fund. Gift Aid for the last Quarter has been claimed. There is also £20,000 in the Stewardship Fund which may be used for restoration.

Property Convenor, Richard Houston, has been asked to complete the Church of Scotland Insurance Scheme Renewal Questionnaire.

Dates

Val Phillipps was thanked for continuing to send worship times to the Kilchoan Blog.

AOB

Ewen’s Room – Because of the type of insurance the meeting rooms/ former manse can only be used by the congregation.

DONMWednesday 2nd October at 4pm in the meeting rooms/ former manse.

The meeting closed with sharing of the Grace.

2016 June 20th

Ardnamurchan Parish Church

Minutes of Kirk Session meeting 20th June 2016

Ardnamurchan Kirk Session met at Kilchoan Hotel on 20thJune 2016, The meeting was constituted with prayer and scripture by Rev Fiona Ogg.

In attendance: - Rev Fiona Ogg, Bridget Cameron (Session Clerk), Val Plillipps, Joan Kelly (Treasurer), Moira Fisher and Hugh Cameron.

Apologies: - Eilidh Canning, Jim Angus

Minutes: - The minutes of the last Kirk Session meeting of 16th May were approved,

MATTERS ARISING

Worship

Music

Fundraising

Presbytery

Treasurer’s Report

Property

Dates -

AOB

DONM

The meeting closed with the Grace

2016 May 16th

Ardnamurchan Parish Church

Minutes of Kirk Session meeting 16th May 2016

Ardnamurchan Kirk Session met in the church on 16th May 2016. The meeting was constituted with prayer and scripture by Rev Fiona Ogg.

In attendance: - Rev Fiona Ogg, Bridget Cameron (Session Clerk), Eilidh Canning, Val Phillipps, Joan Kelly (Treasurer), Moira Fisher, Richard Houston (Property Convenor), Hugh Cameron.

Apologies: - Jim Angus

Minutes: - The minutes of the last Kirk Session meeting of 18th April 2016 were approved.

MATTERS ARISING

Worship

Music - Rev Fiona Ogg proposed that more people should be consulted regarding the choice of music for worship.

Fundraising – Posters advertising the Sunday School Beetle Drive in aid of Christian Aid have been put up.

Presbytery -

General Assembly

Treasurer’s Report

Fundraising

Property

Dates

DONM The next meeting will take place after dinner at Kilchoan Hotel on a date to be decided.

The meeting closed with the Grace

2016 - April 18th

Ardnamurchan Parish Church

Minutes of Kirk Session meeting 18th April 2016

Ardnamurchan Kirk Session met in the church on 18th April 2016. The meeting was constituted with prayer and scripture by Rev Fiona Ogg.

In attendance: - Rev Fiona Ogg, Bridget Cameron (Session Clerk), Eilidh Canning, Val Phillipps, Joan Kelly(Treasurer), Moira Fisher and Hugh Cameron (Property Committee).

Apologies: - Jim Angus, Richard Houston (Property Convenor) and Will Kelly.

There was a short discussion on pastoral visiting.

Minutes: - The minutes of the Kirk Session meeting of 28th February 2016 were approved.

MATTERS ARISING

West Ardnamurchan Community Development Plan

Worship

Mission

Presbytery

Finance

Property

Dates

AOB

DONM 16th May 2016 at 7pm in Ardnamurchan Parish Church

The meeting closed with the Grace

2016 Feb 28th

Ardnamurchan Parish Church

Minutes of Kirk Session meeting 28th February 2016

Ardnamurchan Kirk Session met in Kilchoan Primary School on 28th February. The meeting was constituted with prayer and scripture by Rev Fiona Ogg.

In attendance:- Rev Fiona Ogg, Bridget Cameron (Session Clerk), Eilidh Canning, Val Phillipps, Moira Fisher, Joan Kelly (Treasurer), Richard Houston (Property Convenor) and Hugh Cameron.

Apologies:- Jim Angus and Will Kelly

The minutes of the meeting of 12th November were approved.

Matters Arising

West Ardnamurchan Community Development Plan

Dale Meegan was invited to tell the Kirk Session about the Community Development Plan. She gave an interesting and informative talk.

Worship:

It was proposed that a family service take place after the Easter holiday. It was felt that children could be more involved in regular worship.

Sunday School:

Four children attend regularly. The Sunday School are holding a coffee morning on Easter Monday. The proceeds will go to the school in Beirut. which the children support.

Mission:

Presbytery:

Attestation of Records:

Finance:

The Treasurer reported that the accounts are ready for presentation at the Stated Annual Meeting and details of office bearers were updated. Insurance was able to be paid from the General Fund. There is £52,244.37 in the Restoration Fabric Fund and £12,171.64 in the General Fund.

Dates:

Property:

a. Fiona speak to R Taylor about concerns.

b. R Taylor be asked about experience of other similar bids.

c. Kirk Session waits for John Strachan’s report.

AOB

DONM 18th April at 7.30pm in the church.

The meeting closed with the Grace.

Accounts

View the 2015 accounts here

2015 - Nov 12th

Ardnamurchan Parish Church

Minutes of Kirk Session meeting 12th November 2015

Ardnamurchan Kirk Session met in the church on 12th November. The meeting was constituted with prayer and scripture by Rev Fiona Ogg.

In attendance: - Rev Fiona Ogg, Bridget Cameron (Session Clerk), Val Phillipps, Moira Fisher, Joan Kelly (Treasurer), Richard Houston (Property Convenor) and Hugh Cameron.

Apologies: - Eilidh Canning, Jim Angus and Will Kelly.

The minutes of the meeting of 10th September were approved.

Matters Arising

Finance: The treasurer reported that there is £15,363.17 in the general account. The restoration/fabric account has £49,313.29 and the Sunday school account has £640.89. Gift aid has been claimed and received. See treasurer’s report for detail.

Property:

AOB

Cooperation with other churches: Church of Scotland worked very successfully with the Free Church in delivering the God Question sessions. It is hoped to run a new series of meetings entitled Christianity Explained in 2016.

Summer holiday club: A summer holiday club has been proposed by the Free Church in conjunction with the Church of Scotland.

Local Church Review: The Local Church Review will take place in 2016.

Conferences and training

Learning disability advisor: noted.

Pilgrim route: The Session discussed the possibility of linking with an existing pilgrim route.

Mince pies and teas: in the church 10.30am-12.30pm on Wednesdays 2nd, 9th, 16th & 23rd December

Worship and Dates: Carols at the Castle 9th December 6pm

Time to Remember service, Acharacle 11th December

Peninsula Carol Service 13th December

Christmas breakfast in the church 13th December at 11am

Kilchoan Primary School nativity 18th December

Christmas Eve service in the church at 4pm on 24th December

Carol Service 27th December

Mike Whitton has offered to play at our services above, if needed. Thanks go to Mike for his kind offer.

DONM 28th February 2016

The meeting closed with the Grace.

2015 - Sept 10th

Ardnamurchan Parish Church

Minutes of Kirk Session meeting10th September 2015

Ardnamurchan Kirk Session met in the church on 10th September 2015. The meeting was constituted with prayer and scripture by Rev Fiona Ogg.

In attendance: - Rev Fiona Ogg, Bridget Cameron (Session Clerk), Val Phillipps, Moira Fisher, Joan Kelly(Treasurer), Richard Houston (Property Convenor) and Hugh Cameron.

Apologies: - Eilidh Canning, Jim Angus and Will Kelly.

The minutes of the Kirk Session meeting of 25th June 2015 were approved.

Matters Arising

Presbytery Report: Bridget Cameron gave the Session an account of the work of Presbytery. Safeguarding for Sunday School is to be updated. There will be a property review in 2016.

Finance: The Treasurer presented the accounts as at 31st August 2015. £129.00 was raised for Unicef Jars of Grace and £1,231.25, including gift aid, was raised at tea and scones over the summer. There is £14,753.28 in the General Account and £47,913.80 in the Restoration/Fabric account. £2,165.23 was paid for insurance out of the Restoration/Fabric account.

Presbytery Dues: Bridget reported that there is to be a 6% increase in Presbytery dues.

Worship: It was agreed that Fiona would take the service at Kilchoan on every second Sunday when the summer preachers are here.

Messy Church: The next Messy Church is to take place on the first Friday in October.

Organist: Grace was thanked for playing the organ during the summer.

Dates: The next Kirk Session meeting will take place on 12th November 2015. It was suggested that some meetings could take place in the evening to allow those who are at work during the day to attend.

Service of Remembrance – 8th November at 11am Bridget to speak to May McNicol regarding the ordering of a wreath.

Carols at the Castle – Joan to ask if Glenborrodale Castle will be available for the carol service.

Peninsula Carols – 13th December in Strontian at 7pm.

Time to Remember Service - date to be decided.

Christmas Eve Service – to take place in the afternoon.

Property: Bridget to ask Steven White if he can do maintenance work on downpipes and on internal wall where damp.

Fiona to speak to Rosalind Taylor regarding A. Bradley.

Ella Gill has worked hard on finding information about the Heritage Lottery Fund. She has been contacting other Kirk Sessions who may have experience in applying for lottery funding. Since grant applications are difficult to complete it was suggested that we might ask Dale Meagan for help.

Feasibility Study – Fiona to contact Rosalind Taylor regarding her timescale for completion of the study and to ask if she will give the Session regular updates on progress,

The Property Convenor advised that all documentation should go to Presbytery before work starts on the building.

AOB

Summer tea and scones – It was agreed that the summer teas had been very successful both as a fundraising effort and as an opportunity for fellowship. It was decided that we might be able to make better use of space in the future. It was agreed that we should do teas and mince pies during advent.

Data Protection - We are to contact members and adherents to ask for permission to keep their names on our lists.

Elder Training – Elder training is to take place in November.

Moderator’s visit – The Moderator of the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland is to visit the area on 24th – 29th September 2015. On 26th September the Grasping the Nettle Conference will take place in Fort William, On Sunday 27th September the Moderator will take the service at Arisaig at 7pm and on Monday 28th September he will visit the church in KIlchoan at 2.15pm.

The meeting closed with the Grace.